Friday, July 6, 2012

Emily's week 42

Saturday - vinyasa/hatha yoga (60 minutes)
Sunday - nothing
Monday - nothing
Tuesday - vinyasa/hatha yoga (60 minutes)
Wednesday - nothing
Thursday - hatha yoga dvd (75 minutes)
Friday - No OM Zone yoga dvd (30 minutes)

I enjoyed some extended time with Thursday's dvd when my friend Pamela had my kids for a few hours. It requires focus and encourages relaxation between (and even during) poses. I didn't notice how hard it was until afterward when I wondered why I was so hungry and my muscles felt so wrung out. :)

Friday's dvd is pretty basic - fitness focused "yoga". I like it because the segments are 15 minutes (really!) and so it is much easier to convince myself to do one or two.

The past month or so has been pretty awful on a personal level, and I've fallen pretty far back into depression and eating for comfort. This week's workouts were an effort to start pulling myself out of that morass. I'm reminding myself that yoga is something I do for myself, and spending the boys' quiet time with a yoga dvd is a better use of my time than moping on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment