Sunday, December 18, 2011

Emily's week 14

Saturday - yoga class (75 minutes)
Sunday - nothing
Monday - nothing
Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday - nothing
Thursday - nothing
Friday - nothing

Thank you, everyone! It is encouraging to hear that I'm not the only one who can't keep all the plates spinning all the time. :)

I especially liked what Yolanda said here:

"But it can be a challenge to keep my priorities in check and avoid stressing about all the other items on the to do list that have to fall by the wayside."

This is exactly my problem: I think that everything is (or should be) a priority, and get frustrated when that (obviously) doesn't work.

Kelly, your goal of something for the family and something for you each day made me think more clearly about what I actually do during the day. For the family, dinner and/or laundry tend to be my priorities. For me it is usually an orderly house (I get really stressed by visual messes) and/or reading for pleasure. And once I really thought about it, I realized that exercise just doesn't have the same importance to me as either of those. Hmm. Now to decide if it should, or if I should just quit internalizing the culture's stick-thin expectations...!

Jess, your comment about it not being sloth, but rather "triage" made me laugh, and I think you're absolutely right! My whole life is one big triage room right now. :) Thinking about it that way is helpful.

So again, thank you for your encouragement and wise counsel. I'm blessed to know you girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment