Monday, December 19, 2011

spinning plates and low expectations

I've loved the conversation (and honesty) on here about what to choose. Someone once told me that you do each day what is the most important to you. So at the end of the day I can see a visual of my true priorities...it may be indications that I need to re-evaluate what is important to me but what I want and what I accomplish never (NEVER) line up. Right now in this season for our family (Daniel is 5 weeks old) we are adjusting to very little sleep and the busyness of four five and under. On top of life we are selling everything we have, preparing to move out of our home (in several months) and into my parents and raising our support in preparation to depart for Sudan. Let's just say between this and homeschooling I have found great success in setting really low expectations.
I tend to set expectations way too high and then feel discouraged, so for this season I have three each day clean laundry, no dishes in the sink, and time with God to set the tone for our home. These are my priorities and I find my day is successful when I have completed them. I have other things I try and get done but don't allow myself to get overly discouraged when the sun goes down and they are left incomplete. This, for this time, has allowed me to focus on my kids and their needs more then I would normally be able to and just cherish moments instead of being caught up in to dos.

Thanks for encouraging me gals I've loved reading your post and being challenged to exercise even though I am a silent participant :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment