Friday, March 9, 2012

sooo

I have been exercising again the last few weeks.  I just needed to not post about it for a bit.

I'm working on having the right attitude again for WHY I am exercising.  I was so desperate to lose the baby weight (and quickly) that I become obsessive for the wrong reason and didn't exercise wisely (too much running too quick).  Then, when I was nearly pre-preg weight, I became so frustrated with how my body is for different reasons (my tummy, my thighs, my everything are so much more jiggly than I 'd like!) that I didn't want to exercise at all because I thought I would never reach my pre-preg body again (which I liked).

However, after a hard few months (for many reasons), I am back to exercising again for mental health and back health and have been working hard on telling myself that I am doing this to feel better and NOT to look better (though I realize that will naturally come with the territory, it can't be my motivation!).

So, I'm running and doing pilates.  I am focusing on building my bodies strength up again, and, honestly, I have much more energy to exercise now at 9 months postpartum than I did at 2, 3 and 4 months.   It is nice to think (feel) like I can actually rebuild my pre-pregnancy strength now.  Everything seemed so futile a few months ago.

All right.  Sorry for the long post!  (Okay, so I'm not, but well, there is no other expression in the English language I have found to express being 'sorry' without meaning that you're actually begging for forgiveness, if you know what I mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment