Friday, June 8, 2012

Emily's week 38

Saturday - hatha yoga (60 minutes)
Sunday - nothing
Monday - nothing
Tuesday - vinyasa/hatha yoga (60 minutes)
Wednesday - evening walk with the family (45 minutes)
Thursday - nothing
Friday - nothing

Jonathan has been asking to come to yoga with me for quite some time now. Last Saturday I brought him to class with me...and he LOVED it. I was expecting him to get bored and we had brought a book for him to read in the lobby area if he got tired of the class. But he was completely engaged (and silent!) for the whole hour. When we were finished, he leaned over and whispered "Mommy, I really want to come back here again." Later he said that he liked working his muscles and then resting them at the end. Allison (my teacher) was incredibly impressed with Jonathan - she said she's never had a young child participate so well in an adult class. She invited him to come back anytime. :) So we'll see how long Jonathan enjoys it, but as long as he wants to, Saturday morning yoga will be a joint venture!

Oh, and I almost forgot! I can now do full yoga headstands without falling over. :) I've been working on this for some months now and am very pleased. Boy does it take a lot of core strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment