Wednesday, November 30, 2011

taking a step back

blood work came back good!  Seems the heartburn was totally unrelated (doc thought it might be a thyroid issue) and am treating it as it's own separate thing now.  I was left with the reminder, though, to "Take it easy.  Remember--nursing a baby takes a LOT out of you."

That is true and, in hindsight, I do think I was pushing my body to hard.  I plan on starting exercising again next week, but I am going to just plan on simple workouts and I will add more on a day to day basis only if I have the energy and not because I feel compelled to.  Yes, it may not keep the panic attacks completely at bay, but, my body doesn't have the energy to do otherwise right now.  And, honestly, it is okay if I need to rely on people once in a while to help me when my hormones get out of control.  I don't always need to be completely self-sufficient.

In other news, I am in my favorite pre-preg pants again!!!  I ironically lost more weight in the last couple weeks after I stopped exercising.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing the right thing, Kelly. Hang in there! (And congrats on the pre-pregnancy pants!) :)

    ReplyDelete