Thursday, December 16, 2010

Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout

This was a library DVD - I was on the waiting list a long time for this one!

Verdict? This is a good DVD. Very solid workout. 25 minutes of alternating strength moves with cardio (similar to 30 Day Shred), and then a 10 min. upper-body strength section followed by a 10 min. lower-body strength section.

The thing I thought was neat about this one is that, other than the trainer, everyone on the DVD was a Biggest Loser contestant. Which means that you got to see what normal people look like when they do this sort of workout. They also did a good job of providing modifications for all of the moves, so I think if you were just starting out, this wouldn't be as intimidating as the title implies. 

I don't know, I just think it's cool that a show that proposes to take unfit people and get them in shape actually makes  a DVD that unfit people could actually use. Some kind of integrity in that I think.

That said, I think Jillian was more abrasive in this than in any of her other DVDs, perhaps because she's way too familiar with all of the people she's instructing.

Still, I liked it. I don't think I'll buy it, because I've got a lot of DVDs with similar stuff. But it was fun.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment