Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 31 Summary for Jess

1/9 - Sunday
1/10 - 20 min. walk
1/11
1/12 - Jackie Warner Xtreme Timesaver Training DVD
1/13 - Dance with Julianne: Cardio Ballroom DVD - cha-cha and jive sections
1/14 - No More Trouble Zones DVD + 10 mins. alternating jumping rope & jumping jacks

1/15 - 3 hours walking around botanical gardens, often while carrying a child. :)


The beginning of this week was hard; I was in a funk, and the only exercise I got was a short walk to the park with my sister and our kids. But the end of the week picked up, and given how the week started, I'm pretty happy with the amount of exercise I got.

Today I did the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD with my husband. It's the only exercise DVD of mine that he really likes (it's got a far amount of kickboxing stuff in it), and it's fun to get to work out with him. (He stays in shape the rest of the time commuting to work by unicycle and teaching karate.)

Kelly and Katie, I'm glad that you're getting to work out again! And Kelly, I think your workouts with the kids sound really cool. I'll have to try to work something like that into our homeschooling eventually. The only thing we really do that's like that is dancing - when I put on upbeat music to do jumping jacks and jump-rope to, the girls often join in with bouncy dancing, which is really fun. But I think it's neat you're teaching your kids such a valuable life skill/health habit/healthy coping mechanism so early.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment