Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Phew

All right, yesterday I did 20 minutes of Pilates plus upper arm workout with weights.  Just ran 2 miles this morning.

But, what I am really blogging about is my relief over my last weight gain.  I was so afraid it would be another ridiculously scary number but it wasn't!  Only 2 lbs this last month.  And while I wouldn't have cared if it was 4, I am very thankful it wasn't 14.

It is so nice exercising again.  I will be quite frank and say that it is a mental battle each time because pregnancy fatigue does not go away when you have more than one child, but I am very glad after I exercise.  Those short bursts of endorphins can go a long way to over all productiveness over time.  Man, hey, maybe the bathroom will finally get cleaned today!

The thing I am most liking about exercising while pregnant is feeling (and I know this isn't really a feeling but I don't know how else to express it), so feeling as though I have SOME control over my body.  Yes, I cannot push myself very hard, but there is something about the act of routine exercise that makes me remember:

"Yes, this is my body.  Yes, I can make it do things I want it to do still (even if those things are not sleep when I want to sleep, pee at acceptable intervals or be energetic when I need it to be)."

But I can still make you hurt and sweat all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment