Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bob Harper: Cardio Conditioning

I did the 60 minute workout today. Fun! Painful! Lots of squats, lots of jumping, burpees, kettlebell swings (done with dumbells). Lots of getting into a position (like a chair squat) and holding, and holding, and holding . . . he does a lot of stuff that's familiar, but has you do it longer than a Jillian DVD would. Not a beginner workout. And it's cardio, but it's cardio that incorporates weights and a lot of strength moves. 

In other words: this was right up my alley. I loved it. I had to stop at different points, and I'm excited to have a new challenge: some day, I want to get through this without stopping. 

Oh, and scorpion pushups! Oh my goodness! Have any of you ever done those? Wow!

The other really fun thing about this DVD was that his fitness models weren't perfect. They were having trouble with different stuff. And I think some of it was scripted, but some of it wasn't. That was fun to see.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment