Thursday, October 28, 2010

Walk Away the Pounds for Abs - 3 miles

I dunno about the abs part, but this was exactly the ticket for the slowly-recovering me today.

I don't think I've done this DVD since right after my first was born, but I was glad I kept it, because it was just what I needed to follow that article's advice about working out at about half your normal intensity when you're sick. This was about 40 minutes long, but it's basically just walking - with a few kicks and knee-lifts and such thrown in. There's a goofy-looking resistance belt that they use, but I don't have one, and so just moved my arms half-heartedly along with them . . . again, perfect for today.

Along with being good for sick days, this would be a great DVD for someone who wanted something low-impact, or who was just starting out, or just wanted to replace her usual neighborhood stroll on a day with nasty weather. It gets your heartrate up, but doesn't demand an all-out effort. I really think there's a niche (or three) in the workout world for this sort of DVD. It's not my normal thing, but I'm glad it was there when I needed it. It felt good to work out again after a week of blah.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment