Monday, October 17, 2011

Last week's workouts

Su - nothing
M - nothing
T - body shaping
W - nothing
Th - body shaping
F - nothing
Sa - nothing

I thinking I've been in this aerobics class long enough that my body has gotten used to the exercise. I don't feel wiped out at the end of the class and can keep up with the exercises better now.

Goals for next week: add a day of working out (I need more movement to get the weight loss going again)
Find more healthy snacks (Halloween candy & cookies aren't helping me with my goals - any suggestions for healthy replacements?)

1 comment:

  1. Homemade granola bars are great cookie replacements.

    2 cups rolled oats
    1 cup WW pastry flour
    1/4 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
    3/4 cup raisins
    1/2 cup wheat germ
    1/2 t salt
    1 t cinnamon
    1/2 cup melted coconut oil (or butter)
    1/3 cup honey
    2 eggs
    2 t vanilla
    approx. 1 cup add ins (I use about 1 T. chia seeds, maybe 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, and fill the rest of the cup with well chopped walnuts.)

    Preheat the oven to 350 deg. Line a 9x13 pan with foil or parchment paper and coat with a little oil. Combine the dry ingredients, then combine the wet ingredients separately (I usually just use my 2 cup glass measuring cup) Pour the wet into the dry and stir until well blended. Press evenly into a pan - I find a piece of parchment paper makes this a lot easier!

    Bake 25 to 30 minutes - it is done when it is starting to turn golden. It usually takes 25 min in my oven. Let cool completely then turn out onto a cutting board. Cut into bars or squares and store in an airtight container.

    ReplyDelete