Tuesday, October 25, 2011

snacks and water tip

I cannot help with recipes as I refuse to bake unless it involves lots of fat and butter.  (:

However, my quick go-to snack is a rice cake with peanut butter and honey on top.  Simple, easy and quick.  I also like to snack on pickles and beef jerky.  Ok.  I guess I realize now this isn't helpful because none of these are really satisfying for a sweet tooth.

One GREAT tip, though, I got from my midwife: when you drink your water, squeeze a slice of lemon into it and add a little honey and a pinch of salt.  It makes the water more tasty and instead of the water working to flush out the nutrients in your body, your body absorbs the nutrients in the water!!!!

My biggest tip is the more water you drink the less stuff you crave.  I really mean it.  Every time I have a craving, I first drink at least two glasses of water and I usually find that the craving has diminished.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, Kelly! I'd much rather eat fewer baked goods than eat ones prepared without the proper amount of butter and sugar! :)

    Not that I like things overly sweet or greasy, but scones sans butter? I'd rather just have an apple (really).

    ReplyDelete