Friday, September 3, 2010

pull-ups and jumping bean workout

I did pull-ups today.

And then I made up a workout, because I didn't have enough time to do the workout I wanted to do. I made a playlist of fast-paced songs that was 20 minutes long, and made a list of plyometric exercises, and just went through them till the music was over. 

Although, it ended up being a bit longer than 20 minutes, because I found as I went on that I wanted to try to get through the list twice. Anyway, here's the list:

-jumping jacks

-jump rope (sans rope, as I was inside)

-squat jumps (down into a full squat, then jump up)

-skaters

-high knees

-mountain climbers (not jumping, really, but . . .)

-butt kicks

-side-to-side jumps

-skiers (sort of a Norditrak motion)

-rock star jumps

I let myself do butt kicks or skaters in between the really hard ones, in order to get my breath back a bit.

Anyway. I don't think I've felt like that since high school track. Or the first time I did the 30 Day Shred. :)  I'm not sure I want to do it again. I almost fell over the first time I tried to get up after I stretched, because my calves hurt so much.  But . . . good workout.

-Jess

1 comment: