Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spinning hook break

Last night we did some breaking during class. Anyone who wanted to was able to choose their own board and which kind of break they wanted to attempt. Always interesting to watch, because the choices say a lot about each person.

I chose to try a spinning hook break, but instead of having someone hold the board braced, it was held by one corner, between a thumb and forefinger. You have to be really fast to break this way, because if you have force but not speed the board just flies across the room. :) It was a challenge to myself to see if I had "come back" enough to pull it off. And I did! Broke it on the first attempt, right in the middle, perfect form.

It's nice to feel this kind of confidence in my body again.

No comments:

Post a Comment