Tuesday, September 7, 2010

time for a change?

Last week, I managed to exercise M-F, even though the Thursday's and Friday's workouts were short. The three day weekend was utterly lost to busyness.

I am starting to wonder if carving out a whole hour straight for a workout is unrealistic with our new school schedule (which starting this week, will begin including classes outside the home). This week, I am thinking of trying a new routine. My thought is to do a 20 minute video workout at home during school recess in the a.m. and then do just a 2 mile run when Jesse comes home each day. So, I will get a good 40 minutes of exercise in each day, but dispersed. Then, on the weekends, if we have time and I have the energy (we have been SO busy), I will do a long run.

So, I am going to try that out and see how it goes. I would really like to consistently work out 6 days a week. I can take 2 days off if I need to, but I feel the difference and my anxiety really picks up if I miss 3 days (like this weekend). Right now, the importance for me is to make sure I exercise, even if it taking a different approach that is not necessarily ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment