Tuesday, September 7, 2010

pull-ups + No More Trouble Zones

I'm solidly back to being able to do two pull-ups in a row. Still there, for a couple weeks now, which makes me think I've really got it now. That's where I was at in the spring when I got sick. And now I feel like I honestly might be able to make it to three-in-a-row by Christmas. 

That sounds so sad - TWO reps of an exercise being a big deal! But when I realize that it's raising just under 140 lbs. of weight from a dead hang - well, then it sounds more impressive. Still! Guys are able to do a ton of these. I'm never going to be able to do a ton, but I have this dream of someday being able to do 10. Maybe by the time I'm 35, eh? That's a good goal. By age 35, I want to be published in novel form, and be able to do 10 pull-ups. :D

Oh yeah: No More Trouble Zones too. I thought about doing Jackie, but I just finished reading/skimming her book, and the realization that she's a crazypants sort of put me off of the idea. (Knows her weights, but is a crazypants.) Maybe I'll be ready to face her again by Thurs.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment