Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 Minute Solution: Carb Burner

Oh, I have another lovely youtube clip for you ladies. This is what I did today:

Borrowed it from the library and, sadly, the section I was most interested in - the high intensity circuit with the jumping - was scratchy and I couldn't do it. So, I did four out of five. Not terrible, but not the burn you get with a Jillian DVD. Still, fun to do something new on a cardio day.

But isn't that lady the perkiest and cheeriest and aerobiciest of the perky cheerleader-y aerobics instructors you've ever seen? Adam's theory is it's how she holds her hands, with the wrists cocked out to the sides. The kick-boxing section just cracked me up. "And punch, and punch . . ." :D Yeah. That there's not knocking out anyone, lady.

Now that I'm getting back into a routine of working out every day (yay!), I'm trying to do weight-heavy DVDs one day, and cardio-heavy ones the next. So, it's usually Jackie or Jillian on weight days, but I can pick my poison on cardio days, which is kind of fun. I have a bunch of stuff on request from the library to try out. Honestly, even when it's not amazing, like today, I still enjoy switching it up - but only when I have my nice, familiar strength-training workouts to anchor me.

I also like (and this is new - I remember when it wasn't true) feeling like I'm in good enough shape that I can try something new without being afraid that I'm not going to be able to do it creditably. I mean, I still screw up new moves (I still screw up old moves), but I'm not scared that I'm going to die. (Except when it comes to Pilates. And then I'm scared my neck is going to die. And P90X. Because everyone dies with P90X, right? Still want to try it someday. Amie, do you have to do it an hour a day for it to work?)

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment