Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Emily's challenge wrap-up

Today is day 30 of my personal challenge. The part I've shared here (water, GS, exercise) was actually only about a third of what I was attempting to do. It was a complete life ordering/re-focusing attempt.

I feel like a lot of it got majorly derailed by our ongoing kitchen remodel. As I've been thinking about continuing (or not) I wonder if maybe I should wait until the construction is done, and then start again. It might mitigate some of the frustration of not succeeding! On the other hand, how often do days really follow the same routine? There's always something there ready to throw you off your game! :)

I really don't know which approach would be better. So I'm taking a poll. :) What would you do? And either way, would you stick to a repeat of the same challenge, or choose a new one?

So that I have it for review later, here are my stats for the last few days:

Day 24
water - 48 ounces
GS - yes
exercise - no

Day 25
water - 48 ounces
GS - no
exercise - no

Day 26
water -48 ounces
GS - yes
exercise - yoga

Day 27
water - 80 ounces
GS - yes
exercise - karate

Day 28
water - 48 ounces
GS - yes
exercise - no

Day 29
water - not sure
GS - no
exercise - no

Since starting karate, I'm actually finding it harder to make myself do my other workouts. I'm just tired! Injuries are another complication. Right now I'm modifying workouts to accommodate previous shoulder and knee injuries, as well as a current wrist injury. Honestly, that makes it hard to want to put yourself through another difficult and/or painful workout. I'm still thinking through how I want to handle that. Still, I did exercise 15 of these 30 days, and I think that I'm happy with that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment