Sunday, July 25, 2010

great workout

Last week I did not do any official exercise, but walked/hiked a lot and had good control of my diet, so I am pleased. I am at my parents for a few days before heading home. Just one more week till I see Jesse again!

My parents bought an exercise bike recently and I tried it out for the first time this morning. I did a 10 minute Pilates Ab workout followed by 45 minutes cycling plus a 5 minute cool down. According to the machine, I burned over 300 calories and went about 26 miles. At least I think that's right. I had to go to the bathroom halfway through the workout and the machine turned off and I had to restart it when I got back on, so I'm a guessing a bit on the numbers.

Anyhow, I feel like I am still in shape after today's workout and that is a good feeling because I was feeling so blagh the last few weeks. I think maybe exercising at a normal altitude and humidity might be a factor in that. But I'm feeling rejuvenated again and excited that I should be able to workout everyday now (at least till I hit the road again to go home).

No comments:

Post a Comment