Monday, July 5, 2010

One step forward, two steps back...

First of all, I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July. We had a BBQ at our house with some friends from church. It was nice to get to know them better. Also, it was a nearly prefect day- which is saying something for Houston in July!

Exercise:

Saturday: Shred Level 3. I was huffing and puffing all the way through, but made it.

Sunday: rest, and a little swim

Today: walk with Luke, maybe riding my bike inside this afternoon

The set backs relate not to my exercising, but to eating. I had three days of overeating for a variety of reasons. Mostly, it seems that if I have one "bad" day, the next is double hard to get through without going overboard. Nathan and I had a good talk about this and it really helped me to put things in perspective. Generally, if I eat poorly, I get so down on myself that I perpetuate the problem. I am trying to learn to move on.

Partly the eating was brought on by some anxiety. I have had teeth problems since I was about 7 years old (my fault and genetics fault), and I have a situation where I really need to see a dentist. Unfortunately, they were closed this whole weekend. Hopefully, I will get in tomorrow.

I echo Jessica's post earlier saying that she would not have exercised as much if not for the blog. I am grateful for this blog too. Exercising helps me combat other struggles, so I am greateful to have a place to write down what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment