Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Responses

oh my gosh Amie! I just caught up on Julie's situation and it makes my heart ache. i am so sorry and am praying now - please keep us posted! wow.

Your bike looks great - I'd love to be able to bike around town again, though I'm not sure if I'd be able to do local errands with a baby on board due to the kind of roads/bike lanes we have in our area. Right now walks work for lots of errands (which is great!), but I do miss biking to further spots. So much faster! :)

Emily - I'm so sorry you had such a rotten day Thursday. Like Jess, I can't imagine doing what you are doing right now with the remodel going on, and definitely understand your need to take a break (though I too will miss you on here!) Your bag is lovely!

Kelly, Christa, Yolanda - I miss you guys! Hope you're all doing well even if you're not exercising or not posting or whatever. No pressure, just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.




One other thought - a response to myself I guess. :) I just remembered something I did when training for a Half Ironman before - I made up little maps on Google maps and would track my mileage over the course of several months from point A to point B, pretending I was on a trek (even though I was really just running/biking/swimming the same routes around my house). So I biked across the US, ran most of the way up the CA coast and swam partway around the island of Sulawesi. It would take me a lot longer to do anything now that I'm only running 6 miles a week, but it might be fun to pick a shorter route online and track it.

No comments:

Post a Comment