Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 16 - complications and karate

Complications:
1) my blender broke (after 10 days!) and the replacement won't be here for at least a week.
2) my kitchen is about to be completely torn apart, workmen will be in my house all day, and everything that currently resides in my kitchen needs a new home for the next two weeks.

I think I'm going to have to be flexible for awhile. :)

Last night was my first night back at karate. It was surprising how easily I slipped back into it. I guess you don't really forget something you've devoted 6 years to learning. I struggled with the forms (the black belt who was helping three of us "get back up to speed" ran us through NINE forms, bam bam bam. Forms were the hardest part for me even when I was in the midst of it - trying to remember them four years later was nigh on impossible. And yet there were bits where my brain just stopped and my body took over and it just knew where to go. Muscle memory is amazing.

Water - 72 ounces
GS - no
Exercise - karate

2 comments:

  1. Are you remodeling? You are welcome to borrow our blender until your replacement arrives. I got a Magic Bullet recently and since, don't use my blender much. I look forward to hearing more about your time in karate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing the blender is what you use for your green smoothies??? Does it make good green smoothies? I've read lots of complaints from people who have said their regular old blender didn't cut it, but I've wondered if that was actually true or not . . .

    ReplyDelete