Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Workouts

Well, out here in Texas it is hot and humid right now. Actually, it is hot and humid from about May-September. This makes it nearly impossible to do my exercise outside- which is what I prefer. I try to exercise 5-7 days a week for at least 30 minutes.

Here are the ways I usually get my exercise in:


1. Prevention DVD- Belly, Butt and Thighs. This is my absolute favorite workout DVD! There are three separate workouts at 10 minutes each. If my little one is cranky and I was not able to do the whole DVD, I can do it throughout the day. Also, it is VERY motivating (unlike most cheesy workout DVD's that mostly make me feel foolish or uncoordinated), and is a thorough workout. Sometimes I add 3lb weights for the belly section to boost the intensity.

2. We bought a Schwinn recumbent exercise bike on craigslist for $100. It is very sturdy and a great option because I can read.

3. Cleaning- scrubbing the floors, vaccuming, etc...

4. An early morning walk outside pushing a stroller. This is actually a lot of work because Houston sidewalks are SO bad! We have a lot of ground settling here and it disturbs the sidewalks. I am always pushing up, down, etc..

So, that is a basic outline of what I do for exercise. Now, if I could only get my eating in good order, I would be set!

No comments:

Post a Comment