Thursday, June 10, 2010

workout for the day

Yesterday I did accomplish my workout when Jesse got home.

Today: ran 4.5 miles in the morning

It's strange to me sometimes to think that early last fall, I was barely managing running a mile 3 times a week.

We eat mostly vegetarian and homebaked goods (living in Berkeley has taken its crunchy toll) and so I haven't made any dietary changes this last year to lose weight. The only change I've made is to snack throughout the day as opposed to have 3 meals a day. I have found that has helped me have more consistent energy throughout the day, which has been nice. I also always make sure I snack before I feed the kids lunch so that I am not tempted to eat any remains. I have taken the approach of what they don't finish from their lunch, they eat for their snack and that has worked very well and combated the "don't let food go to waste!" motto instilled in me by my grandmother.

re: fridge. I have a child lock on it which I find is a good deterrent!

Oh, and I have become addicted to sparkling water too. Drinking a glass of that before I snack or eat a meal helps me to better control my appetite. Adding slices of citrus fruit (orange is my fave) makes it really tasty too.

No comments:

Post a Comment