Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jess and Emily--re: water and shred

I have to force myself to drink enough water too (I think it is because of my coffee vice which already sends me running to the bathroom too many times a day). However, I only shoot for 64 oz each day (1 32 oz bottle a.m. and one in the p.m.).

Benefits: clearer skin and weight loss.

What's the Shred video like? I've been doing Denise Austin's Hit the Spot Pilates. There are no weights involved and it has 7 different 10 minute workouts that I can vary as I please. I have absolutely fallen in love with Pilates since it is a resistance based workout which means that the more you do it, the stronger you get and the harder it gets. I have built so much muscle tone in my abs and thighs through it. Other benefit is I have not had any back problems since I started doing it regularly (going on 3 months now).

Yesterday was my 4 mile hill run and today I plan on doing an 1/2 hour Pilates and a 2 mile run once Jesse gets home. Thank goodness for summer nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment