Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Starting Slowly

Last week was my first week exercising, and I only managed to get in two workouts. I intended to start slowly, but not quite that slowly. This week is a new week and I hope to learn from scheduling attempts that didn't quite work last week. I don't think I should be working out every day quite yet, but I should be able to do every other day.

I did the shred this morning about an hour after breakfast and right before Dan had to leave for school. It worked pretty well, but this way does mean that I have to sacrifice morning mommy sanity time (tea and book) for exercising. We'll see how it goes.

For the workout, I used heavier "weights" swapping my 14.5 oz soup cans out for 26.5 oz spaghetti sauce cans. I appreciate that the movements in the workout are simple enough that I can concentrate on maintaining the proper posture and thus really working out the muscles that I'm supposed to be strengthening.

Emily, what is GS?

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say hi :) I'm so glad you're on here! Love you.

    ReplyDelete