Tuesday, June 29, 2010

re: expectations

Katie, thanks for the blender suggestion. And I'll be curious to see if your new routine works next month. I hope so! I get bored with doing the same thing everyday and find that alternating it makes it more interesting.

Yolanda--This won't be encouraging, but it took me 2 1/2 years to lose the baby weight I gained with Edmund. Granted, I never dieted, but I was running 3 times a week for a year of that time. I think one of the postpartum struggles for most women is to just accept that your body is different. I know I struggle with that. And even if you do lose the weight, your body still might not look the same. I carry my weight differently now and am still learning to adjust to it. For myself, I exercise because, yes I do want to be slim, but mostly, I want to be healthy, and set good examples for my children--both of self-discipline and healthy body image.

So, I guess I would say that unless you diet and exercise, it is realistic to expect to lose weight slowly. Given that, it is better to focus on the energy and strength you get from exercising because that is a guaranteed result!

This morning, I ran 3 miles. I had bad insomnia and was up at 4:30 a.m. My body was in a daze when I went running at 7 and just could not get going real well.

No comments:

Post a Comment