Wednesday, June 16, 2010

workout

Yesterday, I ran 4.3 miles.

Today, I did a 30 minute Pilates workout (abs, hips and buns) plus 5 sets of girl pushups (only 4-6 pushups per set).

I am trying to build up a wee bit more upper body strength through the pushups. My lower body is pretty strong right now, but my arms are pitifully weak. I don't know how long the pushups will last, though, because I must confess I don't really care all that much about how my arms look and find that with strong legs, I can lift almost anything I would want to. This new attempt is more based on Jesse laughing at me last week because I couldn't do one regular pushup!!!!

Glad you enjoyed the yoga workout, Emily. I have read that the benefit of yoga is how it makes you more conscientious of your body. The workouts themselves do not burn a ton of calories, but the effect it has on your mind and body carries over into your general lifestyle...and that is what leads to weight loss.

And, frankly, the real point of exercise (I think) is to put you in touch with your body and help you feel good about your body. Whatever exercise does that for you is a good exercise. Jesse is a big fan of yoga, himself (albeit, a sporadic one!).

No comments:

Post a Comment