Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 17 - ouch!!!

Karate is one of those forms of exercise where I don't realize how much I used my muscles until I try to use them again later. This morning I tried to do my yoga workout and OWWWWW! I couldn't even hold my arms extended in warrior two - they shook and then just wouldn't stay where I put them!

I didn't get through the whole workout, and it was interrupted multiple times anyway. I had been working out during quiet time, but it isn't working as well as it did a few weeks ago. We're in the process of switching Josiah into a regular quiet time on the trundle bed in the boys' room, instead of napping in our room, and that means that I have to pop in and out frequently to solve problems and remind him to stay on the bed. I know this will pass, but it is a little frustrating right now. Isn't that always the way - find something that works and you're guaranteed that a child will change! :)

Katie, yes, we're remodeling our kitchen. We've been saving and hoping and planning to do it for a few years, and we finally can! I'm so excited. And nervous about living here while it's being done. :) I would LOVE to borrow your blender - that would really help.

Yolanda, I did find that my basic Oster blender wasn't up to the kinds of smoothies I wanted to make. For the last month I've been on the hunt for a replacement. I tried an Oster Beehive that had great reviews, but it broke the first week. Returned that, and got a KitchenAid, which broke the second week. I'm trying a replacement for the KitchenAid because they have a stellar warranty (1 year, replacement, no hassle) but if the second one breaks, Gabe says that I can get a VitaMix. Is it bad to hope that the KitchenAid breaks? ;)

Water - 80 ounces
GS - no
Exercise - 15 minutes yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment