Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yummy Pizza Recipe

This is mostly for my own benefit, so I can recreate it later, but I figured others might enjoy it too. One of my favorite ways to get lots of veggies in is a good, loaded pizza.

Note: I can't eat dairy right now (breastfeeding issues) and I MISS CHEESE. I found a recipe for a substitute which I like - it's more like cheese sauce than real, melt-y cheese, but at least it sates my need for some kind of cheese flavor. I bet this pizza would taste great, if not better, with real cheese too, though this sauce has a spicy, smoky flavor that adds something.


Basil & Garlic Chicken Pizza

Roll out and bake one Trader Joe's rosemary herb pizza crust at 395* for ~7 minutes. Top with:

-tomato paste
-sliced tomatoes
-green onions
-sliced mushrooms
-diced red pepper
-chicken breast, chopped and sauteed with minced garlic
-more minced garlic
-fresh basil leaves, torn
-sliced zucchini

Drizzle with cashew "cheeze" sauce. Put back in oven for ~5-10 minutes more.

Cashew Cheeze Sauce Recipe
from this site

Note: This recipe makes WAY more than you need for the pizza - I just drizzle a little on.

1 cup water
1 1/4 cup whole raw cashews
1 TBSP tahini
3 TBSP nutritional yeast
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
pinch cayenne
pinch turmeric

Blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment