Friday, June 25, 2010

thurs and fri

I just got back from a 6 mile run (and only 11 months ago I could barely run a mile!). Yesterday, I did the abs/waistline and thigh segments in my Pilates video.

Regarding snacking/turning to food in stress--I became a major snacker after having kids. I adjusted my cupboard to reflect this new habit. I don't buy temptations. I do not buy chips or candy or ice cream, etc. I buy a lot of pickled items (pickles, mushrooms, etc) because 1) I love them and 2) they have no fat and hardly any calories at all. I also keep protein bars and beef jerky on hand, too. I have found that by snacking on items like this (and bananas and peanut butter), I don't feel guilty and actually feel healthier and re-energized. My husband has been willing and after I make a batch of cookies for him, he'll hide them away so I'm not tempted to snack on them when I am feeling hungry or stressed.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,

    Congrats on the run! I am convinced that running is 90% mental. I know that my body can do a lot more than I think it can when it comes to distance and time running, but my mind is usually the first thing that gets in my way when I'm trying to push myself to do more.

    ReplyDelete