Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Post

Hello all! So glad to be a part of this group. I could use the accountability and extra encouragement.

Goals:
I'm still carrying about 2/3rds of my pregnancy weight, and my son is 11 months old. I found it very difficult to exercise as a working mommy/student, and I am still trying to find a schedule with some balance in it. Since the beginning of the summer, I have gotten into more of a workable routine.

I need to lose about 20 lbs by fall, for my health and so I can fit into my teaching clothes! Once I tackle that, I still have about 25 lbs to lose to get to my *ideal* weight (the closest I've ever been to that weight was +17 lbs, about 6 years ago). I'm not trying to do it all at once - I think a year is a good time line - and I'd like to get down to that weight before trying to have baby 2 (which I think we'll be ready to do in a year).

Routine:
We bought a treadmill at the beginning of the year so I could do a proper workout. Currently, I am trying to spend 45 minutes a day, 4 days a week on the treadmill. I run for 11 minutes (and am increasing that time incrementally) and walk the rest of the time (uphill, changing the incline each minute in the last 25 minutes of the workout). I've only been doing this for about a week or so, but have already seen some results, so I am eager to continue.

I also need to start adding in abdominal and arm workouts - my two problem areas. My hubby set up a good routine for me that I can share if you're interested. I also own a Wii Fit and like to do the yoga and strength exercises. But it can be hard to do with a little one grabbing at your ankles.

Today's accomplishments:
Treadmill: about 35 minutes, approximately 300 calories burned

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great start-up routine, Yola!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yolanda :) Sounds like your plan for easing into running is a smart one, and I'm glad you're seeing results already and feeling motivated! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete